Watch PAID OFF Tuesdays at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT on truTV. Celebrate premiere week by watching and playing every night from May 13-16 at 10 ET/7PT!
Pay careful attention to the episode. You may be quizzed on everything you see, in addition to general knowledge questions.
When prompted, call 1-833-TRU-LIVE for a chance to play the Live Lightning Round with host Michael Torpey. (Sorry, only residents of the USA are eligible.)
For each question you answer correctly, you’ll earn cash to help pay off your student loans. You could win up to $3,000!
Enjoy a well-deserved break from the pressures of student debt. You earned this!
Read the official rules below.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Paid Off with Michael Torpey On-Air Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to permanent, legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States (“U.S.”) and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. foreign territories and possessions who are currently physically located and residing therein. All entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Sweepstakes and have verifiable student loan debt. Entrants must have either a valid Social Security number and/or a valid U.S. Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Employees of Cowboy Bear Ninja LLC and Courtroom Television Network LLC (collectively “Sponsor”), Paid Off with Michael Torpey (“Show”), participating stations, stations airing the Show, cable operators, multiple service operators, WarnerMedia, LLC, Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”), their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, and any agents acting for the above entities, and their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Immediate family members (i.e. a spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, and/or parent) and/or any person, whether or not related, living in the same household of an individual affiliated with a Sweepstakes Entity are also ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period: For all purposes of this Sweepstakes, all times refer to Eastern Time (“ET”) and Sponsor’s computer is the official clock. The Sweepstakes begins on May 13, 2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET and ends on August 6, 2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of sixteen (16) separate and individual sweepstakes (each an “Individual Sweepstakes”) and one (1) grand prize drawing. See below chart for entry deadlines for each Individual Sweepstakes.
|1||5/13/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||5/13/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|2||5/14/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||5/14/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|3||5/15/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||5/15/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|4||5/16/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||5/16/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|5||5/21/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||5/21/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|6||5/28/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||5/28/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|7||6/04/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||6/04/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|8||6/11/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||6/11/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|9||6/18/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||6/18/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|10||6/25/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||6/25/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|11||7/02/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||7/02/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|12||7/09/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||7/09/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|13||7/16/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||7/16/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|14||7/23/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||7/23/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|15||7/30/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||7/30/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
|16||8/06/2019 at 10:00 p.m. ET||8/06/2019 at 10:30 p.m. ET|
3. How to Participate: To participate in a particular Individual Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, entrants must watch the Show on truTV during the dates and times listed in the chart above. Entrants should check local TV listings for Show schedules in their local viewing area, which may be changed or pre-empted without notice or call their local station broadcasting the Show for details. On or around the last three and a half minutes of the Show, viewers will be invited to participate in the Sweepstakes for the chance to answer three (3) questions by dialing the following toll-free number: 833-TRU-LIVE (833-878-5483) (“Entry/ies”). The calls will be answered at random and each caller will receive a pre-recorded message asking him/her to agree to the use of his/her voice on the Show by pressing the appropriate button on their phone. Only callers that satisfactorily answer the basic eligibility questions will be eligible to participate. Thereafter, the Sponsor will randomly select six (6) callers and place them into a potential participant queue from which up to five (5) callers, in the discretion of Sponsor, will be selected at random to be eligible to participate in that specific Individual Sweepstakes. All callers selected will be then randomly ordered into a “participants queue” to establish the order in which they will be connected to the host of the Show, time permitting. After a participant is connected to the host, the host will ask each connected participant a series of three (3) questions. Each participant will have approximately three (3) seconds to answer each question. Each correctly answered question will be worth $1,000. A participant will be given the opportunity to answer all three (3) questions, even if he/she answers the first or second question incorrectly. If a caller is actively participating in the Sweepstakes (i.e., listening or responding to any question) while the Show’s on-air broadcast ends, the Sweepstakes will continue off-air until the participant answers all three (3) questions. If a call is dropped at any time before a participant can answer all three (3) questions, the Sponsor will not attempt to reach out to that particular participant again before moving onto an alternate, however, such participant will be allowed to keep any money he/she has won up to the point where the call dropped. If a call is dropped before a question is asked, or after the first question is incorrectly answered, such participant will not win any money.
Entries for a specific Individual Sweepstakes must be received by the dates and times specified in the chart above. Entrants may enter only once per person/telephone number per Individual Sweepstakes. Multiple Entries received beyond the stated limit will void all such additional Entries. If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information. A minor is defined as a resident of Alabama or Nebraska who is under nineteen (19) years of age, a resident of Mississippi who is under twenty-one (21) years of age, or a resident of the remaining forty-seven (47) U.S. states who is under eighteen (18) years of age (“Minor”). Entries in excess of the stated limits will be disqualified. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of receipt or entry into the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different identities, multiple phone lines or devices, or any other methods other than as described herein, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of a prize is subject to eligibility verification and other conditions and requirements, as set forth in these Official Rules.
4. Prizes: Up to eighty-one (81) prizes are available. Up to five (5) prizes will be awarded for each Individual Sweepstakes (up to eighty  total) and one (1) grand prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Each Individual Sweepstakes prize consists of $1,000 for each correctly answered question for maximum possible winnings of $3,000. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Individual Sweepstakes prize is up to $3,000. Individual Sweepstakes prizes will be awarded in the form of a check made out in the name of each winner. One (1) grand prize consists of $25 and will be awarded to an Individual Sweepstakes prize winner. The total ARV of the grand prize: $25. Grand prize will be awarded in the form of a check made out in the name of the grand prize winner.
The total ARV of all prizes is up to: $240,025
Odds of winning an Individual Sweepstakes prize depends on the total number of eligible calls received during the applicable Individual Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the grand prize depends upon the total number of Individual Sweepstakes winners. Limit one (1) Individual Sweepstakes prize per person for the entire Sweepstakes Period. No cash equivalent for the grand prize will be available. The prizes are not transferable. However, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute a grand prize (or grand prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability or for any other reason. As applicable, the prizes and prize notifications will only be sent to addresses within the fifty (50) states of the U.S. (including D.C.). Any depiction of the prizes in the promotional materials or otherwise is for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes, if applicable) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or the award of a prize will be the sole responsibility of each winner. If the prize value is $600 or more, the winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099-MISC from the Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee for the total ARV of the prize won (as stated herein) in the calendar year won. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sweepstakes Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
5. Determination of Grand Prize Winner: One (1) grand prize winner will be selected from among all the verified Individual Sweepstakes winners in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor on or around August 7, 2019.
6. Notification/Verification of Winners: Each participant of an Individual Sweepstakes will be put on hold immediately after his/her game play is complete and will be asked his/her first name, last name, address, phone number, and email address (“Contact Information”). Contact Information must be current, accurate and valid. The Contact Information must match the information of the participant that completed the act of physically entering and participating in that Individual Sweepstakes. Each potential winner will be required to sign, have notarized, and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively “Affidavit/Release”) and any other documentation that Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes Administrator requires within five (5) business days after receipt by a potential winner or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner for such Individual Sweepstakes may be selected. If a potential winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the Affidavit/Release on his/her behalf. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, each winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and compliance with these Official Rules.
7. General Conditions: This Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge to be bound by these Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes Administrator which are final and binding in all respects; to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with these Official Rules; to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from use of any submitted call; and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities. Once submitted, Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Except where prohibited by law: (1) entry and/or winner’s (winner’s parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use a winner’s name, address (city and state), photo, video, likeness, biographical information, statement, and voice on air and for advertising/publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media (including posting on any Sponsor related website or social media platform), in perpetuity, without further notice to or compensation in connection with said Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and (2) Sponsor has the right to modify, edit, adapt, electronically alter, use, assign and/or dispose of such calls however it sees fit and for any purpose without any notice or compensation to entrant or any third parties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and void any winnings of any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with this Sweepstakes will be prosecuted and is not eligible for a prize. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor in its discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes or any portion(s) thereof and to conduct the applicable drawing(s) from among all salvageable eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor, or otherwise award the prizes in a manner that is fair and equitable. Notice of such action by the Sponsor will be posted on the Sponsor’s website as well as any applicable social media platforms. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the telephone number associated with the Entry will be deemed the entrant. Said person must comply with these Official Rules, be the person who completed the act of entering, and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the telephone account.
8. Disclaimers: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for calls that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, entrants using multiple phone numbers, entrants attempting to defeat the purpose of these Official Rules, or for calls that are late, tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, dropped, corrupted, jumbled, garbled, disconnected, unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to computer, telephone system, or network malfunction or congestion, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such calls will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Contact Information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prizes awarded herein; typographical errors in the Sweepstakes promotional material; including, but not limited to, ambiguous questions and/or disputes over answers to questions; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, telephone service provider, mobile service provider, VoIP, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider; interruption or inability to access the call-in number (or Sponsor’s/Sweepstakes Administrator’s inability to access systems running the Sweepstakes) due to hardware or software compatibility problems; wireless network dead zones or obstructions; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes or from entering or downloading materials/software in connection with the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, cellular signals, omissions, interruptions, defects or any other errors or malfunctions; pre-emption/interruption of the Show, promos, or elements of the Sweepstakes even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused by or have contributed to (1) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of a prize supplier (if applicable), or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
9. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s/jurisdiction’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in the city of New York, New York, before a single arbitrator. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor(s) and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim (collectively, the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Entrant(s) agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant(s) further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant(s) be entitled to awards. Entrant(s) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
10. Names of Winners: To receive the winners list or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Paid Off with Michael Torpey On Air Sweepstakes “Winners List” or “Rules” (specify which), 122 Rivington St., New York, NY 10002. All requests must be received by October 7, 2019. The Official Rules will be available on the Website during the entire Sweepstakes Period. Names of the winners may also be posted on the Website.
11. Sponsors: Cowboy Bear Ninja LLC, 122 Rivington Street, New York, NY 10002 and Courtroom Television Network LLC, One Time Warner Center, New York, NY 10019-6038.
12. Sweepstakes Administrator: Enteractive Solutions Group, Inc., P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510.
©2019 ESG. These Official Rules may only be copied for personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All rights reserved.