Bear Swamp Recovery
- Soak 1 pound dry Cannellini beans overnight, or use 3 cans small white beans (Cannellini beans or Navy beans)
- 1 Pound Italian sausage (hot or mild), with its casings detached
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced/grated)
- 8 cups homemade boxed or canned chicken broth
- 1 head of escarole (roughly 1 pound)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Black pepper, freshly ground (preferably)
Brown sausage in 6 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often to break up. Remove sausage from saucepan with a slotted spoon and drain well
Add onions to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes; add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds
Stir in broth and beans, then heat for 10 minutes. Wash and cut escarole into half-inch strips, across the leaves. Add escarole to pot, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the escarole is tender. Adjust seasonings according to taste. Continue cooking as desired
Serve topped with Parmesan cheese and black pepper
From Joey D:
Joey says: "Take a package of small sweet sausage links and a package of small hot sausage links. Peel the skin off and brown it in a pan with garlic and olive oil.
Cook up the egg noodles, then pour garlic and sausage over noodles along with the grated Parmesan cheese and a couple of eggs. Mix it up and enjoy until your cholesterol goes through the roof."