Think You'd Be Better at Running the Bars?
truTV / Monday, May 18, 2015, 10:00pm
Think you could run a bar better than the owners on the show? If you think you've got what it takes, enter our Like a Boss contest for a chance to win $1,000! Just tweet your best business advice to @truTV with the hashtag #LikeABossContest during new episodes of Barmageddon, Mondays at 11/10C on truTV. Your tweets may even appear on air!
truTV's Like a Boss Contest
Official Rules 2015
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility/Participation: truTV's Like A Boss Contest (the "Promotion") is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, as of the date of their participation and who had access to the truTV network before learning of this Promotion. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. ("Sponsor"), bottlerocket marketing group, LLC ("Administrator"), and each of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third-party fulfillment agencies (collectively, with Sponsor and Administrator, the "Promotion Entities") are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Promotion and/or the use or misuse or redemption of the prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Promotion Period/Entry Periods/Description/How To Participate: The Promotion commences at 10:00:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on May 25, 2015 and ends at 04:59:59 AM ET on July 14, 2015 (the "Promotion Period"). Throughout the Promotion Period, there will be eight (8) separate entry periods (each an "Entry Period"), as detailed in the Entry Period Chart below.
In order to receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period's judging period (each a "Judging Period"), during such applicable Entry Period, participants must send a tweet to @truTV containing their answer to the question "how would you run things if you were boss?" along with the hashtag #LikeABossContest (hereinafter an "Entry"). Entries should be submitted in an attempt to best meet the judging criteria ("Judging Criteria") detailed in section 5 below. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, per Entry Period, throughout the Promotion Period. Entries will not carry forward into subsequent Entry Periods' Judging Period (if any).
ENTRY PERIOD CHART
Entry Period Number
05/25/15 @ 10:00:00 pm – 05/26/15 @ 04:59:59 am
06/01/15 @ 10:00:00 pm – 06/02/15 @ 04:59:59 am
06/08/15 @ 10:00:00 pm – 06/09/15 @ 04:59:59 am
06/15/15 @ 10:00:00 pm – 06/16/15 @ 04:59:59 am
06/22/15 @ 11:00:00 pm – 06/23/15 @ 04:59:59 am
06/29/15 @ 11:00:00 pm – 06/30/15 @ 04:59:59 am
07/06/15 @ 11:00:00 pm – 07/07/15 @ 04:59:59 am
07/13/15 @ 11:00:00 pm – 07/14/15 @ 04:59:59 am
- Submission Guidelines: Each tweet that is submitted to this Promotion must comply with these Official Rules including the following Submission Guidelines to be eligible. Any tweet that, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, violates these Official Rules or the Submission Guidelines below will be disqualified and/or will not be eligible to win a prize.
The tweet MUST, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
* Be written in English;
The tweet must NOT, in the sole discretion of Sponsor:
* Contain language that violates or infringes upon another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement);
* Disparage Sponsor or its products or services, Sponsor's competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
* Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor or those depicted in the show, which entrant has a limited license to use for this Promotion;
* Contains the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead;
* Contain language that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, controversial or libelous, in Sponsor's sole discretion;
* Contain language that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
* Contain language that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations; and/or
* Contain language in which the Promotion Entities do not wish to associate themselves with, in their sole discretion.
5. Judging Period(s)/Judging Criteria: On or about one (1) business day after the end of each Entry Period, there will be a Judging Period. During each Judging Period, all eligible Entries for the applicable Entry Period, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be judged by sponsor appointed judges (the "Judges"), utilizing the following judging criteria (the "Judging Criteria"), in order to select one (1) potential prize winner, per Entry Period:
A) Originality/Creativity (20%)
B) Overall Potential Effectiveness (30%)
C) Overall Appeal (50%)
During each Judging Period, the Judges will assign each Entry a total percentage score ("Score"). The one (1) Entry with the highest Score, per Judging Period, will be the applicable Entry Period's potential prize winner. In the event of a tie of two (2) or more Entries after the Scores have been assigned, tied Entries will be re-judged by the Judges based solely on criteria (C) above in order to break the tie. If necessary, after this first round of tie-breaking judging, a neutral tie-breaking Judge will be called upon to assign the tied Entries a final Score based upon all three (3) criteria above. The Judges' decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
6. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): There are eight (8) prizes available to be awarded herein (one (1) per Judging Period). Each prize winner, once confirmed as detailed below, will receive one (1) check for one thousand dollars ($1,000). The ARV of each prize is one thousand dollars ($1,000). The total ARV of all prizes available to be awarded herein is eight thousand dollars ($8,000).
7. General Prize Conditions: In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the eight (8) prizes specified herein. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for a prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of greater or equal value determined by Sponsor shall be allowed. All prize details are in Sponsor's sole discretion.
8. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: The potential prize winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to be confirmed as an official winner and accept their prize. All decisions of Sponsor/Administrator are final and binding.
On or about one (1) business day after each Judging Period, Administrator will notify the potential prize winner via a direct message from @truTV to the potential prize winners' Twitter account used to enter (note: in order to receive this direct message you: (a) must be following @truTV; and (b) may have to have your account settings set to "unprotected" or "public"; or (c) can opt to allow direct messages from accounts you are not following in your account settings). Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential prize winner will be required to respond to the direct message, to the email address provided, providing their email address for further correspondence, within three (3) calendar days of initial notification or notification attempt, or the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected and notified. Then, the potential prize winners will have four (4) calendar days from the day Administrator sends an email to such provided email address, to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Acceptance, Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (where lawful), as well as a W-9 Form and any other form Sponsor deems necessary (collectively the "Prize Claim Documents"). Prize winners will receive an IRS 1099 Form at the end of the tax year in which they receive the prize for the actual value of their prize. Administrator must receive all Prize Claim Documents by the due date indicated during the notification correspondence, or on the Prize Claim Documents, or such prize may be forfeited.
If in any instance, notification attempt(s) for a potential prize winner fail for any reason, if a potential prize winner does not respond in the time provided or does not return the Prize Claim Documents in the time provided, if the email address the potential prize winner responds with does not work, or if the potential prize winner is found to have not complied with these Official Rules, the applicable prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential prize winner will be determined via the next highest Score among remaining eligible Entries for the applicable Judging Period, if any. Entry into the Promotion and/or acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the name, Twitter account information, actual or simulated likenesses, biographical information, city, state, opinions, and prize information of entrants and/or prize winners in connection with the Promotion and the marketing thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes), in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Further, prize winners shall indemnify the Promotion Entities from any claims, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) arising from breach of these Official Rules or any use or misuse of the prize. In the event of a dispute as to any Account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at www.Twitter.com will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
9. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, lost, jumbled, incorrect or inaccurate tweets whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion or by any human error. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, snipes/bugs, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website (including Twitter), including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error(s) in administration of the Promotion, or in the judging/announcement of the prize winners. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor's on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted where Sponsor deems fit and the prizes will be awarded via the stated judging process from among all eligible Entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of or termination. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated tweets are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online tweet; (ii) to have tampered with the participation process or the operation of this Promotion; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities: (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and entrants hereby release the Promotion Entities from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize; and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Promotion Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Promotion Entities; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Promotion Entities. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS PROMOTION.
10. Request for the Name of Winners and/or Official Rules: For the names of the prize winners, available after the Promotion Period has ended, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 10/15/15, to: truTV's Like A Boss Contest, c/o bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, NY, NY, 10036.
11. Administrator: bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 1500 Broadway, 32nd Floor, NY, NY, 10036.
12. Sponsor: Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc., One Time Warner Center, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10019.