Police in Largo, Florida responded to a 911 call about a man, 50, being injured in an explosion on April 3, 2013. Responders found the injured man outside his home with a gash under one eye and a white liquid on his clothing. When asked he helpfully explained that the liquid was shaving cream. Next, the man went on to describe how he had wanted a hot shave, so he heated the can of shaving cream on the stove, causing it to explode in his face and hurl shards of metal all over the kitchen.
Largo Fire Division Chief Dave Mixson described the man’s actions as, “Not a good idea, in my estimation.” There was no damage to the house, and no serious damage to the man, except possibly his pride. His neighbors are probably still laughing, so it’s a good thing the authorities did not release his name.
Maybe next time he’ll try a barber.