The 21 Strangest Conspiracy Theories
The 21 Best
Here at the Conspiracy section of truTV.com, we like to be at the cutting edge of what theories are out there.
One way we do that is with our Tipline, wherein we encourage you, the public, to submit conspiracy theories you think we should investigate. While we aren't able to follow up on every tip (and where does on start with a theory that says simply "JFK was murdered," for example?), we do get many interesting ones that we wish we could explore further. These, we feel, are the best of the best.
Although they have been edited for length and content, each tip retains the original intent of the submission from a real reader. As always, keep the suggestions coming, and remember that the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.
21. J. Edgar Hoover created a hit squad made up entirely of homosexuals "to assassinate JFK." "If, after the 'hit,' the street clothes were changed to "flamboyant/gayish" attire, would those people have been detained/questioned as any "normal/regular" looking individual on the street that day, or would they have been ignored as "homosexuals" that couldn't possibly have committed such a horrendous act?"
20. The lottery is rigged. "The jackpots go up and up, with no winners. People get lottery fever. Millions nationwide are willing to wait in a line just like the ones for bread in the former Soviet Union for the pipe dream of striking it rich."
19. We already have cures for cancer but the government "runs people out of the country" once they know the cure. "I did a year and a half of research myself. Cancer etc can be cured and prevented. It has been proven."
18. Redheads are the offspring of aliens. "Why do they all look similar??"
17. "Sono Bono was murdered [on the ski slope] because he was going to run for President."
16. There is a concentration camp under the Denver International Airport. It has an 8 level underground military base, a gas chamber... and it's rumored that there is genetic experiments taking place. The base at Deluce, New Mexico, meanwhile, houses alien spacecraft and aliens who are conducting genetic expirements on humans and animals. There is a ton of info ! if you look at D.U.M.B.S. on the internet."
[ Jesse Ventura's Take ]
When some people refer to me as a conspiracy theorist, I respond laughingly and say, "Well, the government is, too." For the most part, they've never poven any of their "theories." RIght now I'm a skeptic about anything I read officially from the government. They seem to have an entirely different agenda.